Reply to post: Re: I was looking forward to this one... :(

Battlefield 2042: Please don't be the death knell of the franchise, please don't be the death knell of the franchise

Dr. Vagmeister

Re: I was looking forward to this one... :(

I started playing BF2:Modern Combat on XBOX all through to BF4 (not Hardline). BF1 did not appeal, and BF5 tried the beta, and too many issues, but classes off, lighting poor, and people could see one another. So i skipped it.

There were always bugs, and some were very annoying even with the final game, but BF4 (PS4) was great fun (as were the others). How they kept on making the same bugs in each sequel amazes me. I thought code reuses was optimal ?

There were always designs aspects that were crap too. Brilliant that you had destruction but once everything was destroyed you were prey to every opponent in a vehicle. The strategic aspects of the game had some real howlers.

If they remade BF2:MC all the way to BF4 again, fixed, and strategics resolved, i would buy them again, especially the favoured maps too.

The statement, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, certainly applies to the BF franchise later games.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon