Reply to post: I was looking forward to this one... :(

Battlefield 2042: Please don't be the death knell of the franchise, please don't be the death knell of the franchise

Trigun
Facepalm

I was looking forward to this one... :(

Back in 2006 I originally started out with BF2142 (have played BF2 since and a few other older ones) and I loved it (apart from the in game advertising boards lol) and also subsequently loved BF3 and 4.

BF1 sounded like a great game, but I don't really enjoy WWI / WWII era FPS's, so I skipped it. That's no judgement on how good the game is or isn't.

BF5 looked.. meh, Hardline (non-DICE) puzzled me conceptually and so ultimately I stuck with BF4.

All this time I've being waiting for something which approaches BF2142 in in-game future-ish (but not too future-ish) technology and fun, so I had great hopes for BF2042. I even considered pre-ordering, something I've learned not to do over the years. Thank heaven I didn't. From all of the reports from sources I trust, this game has some major bugs (which no doubt are fixable), but more seriously, some major design choice issues - and that is coming across constantly from everyone I speak with and every review I read/watch. I'm not sure that DICE will reverse those decisions, given the work which may have to go into it.

As such, I'll not be buying this game, sad to say, until it starts to look like it's worth the mega money being asked and when they start reversing some of their un-BF design choices. If it doesn't shape up then I won't buy at all, which might be likely.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon