Reply to post: Re: I have read some fucking shite in my time but

Singaporean superapp Grab IPOs – badly – and promises to focus on maps and money

thejoelr

Re: I have read some fucking shite in my time but

I used Grab 3 times today. This is an app that is very much live and in massive use. Just this week they announced I can use the app to send goods/services to anyone in 200 cities, so I can send friends foods and gifts with immediate delivery. I have the delivery driver's info and can track them on a map. The maps here are already quite good.. they tend to fail in areas where Google also fails. They certainly connect me to restaurants and items I would rarely ever make the trek to go get or even know existed. These are the MSME's they support. It also means I can always get a taxi to get my ass home even in the remotest areas in the earliest hours of the morning, and my driver and GPS are tracked unlike some scary Taxis I have been in. They've boomed during Covid, but in SEA the way we do things now involves these apps and many many more digital transactions. This will not change if Covid disappears. it's a good investment.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon