Reply to post: Where can I get it?

AWS commits to update its own Linux every other year

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Where can I get it?

> Amazon's pitch for the new release cycle is stability and predictability – which is just what the likes of Microsoft, Red Hat, Canonical, and SUSE have offered for years.

As an end user I wish I knew where I could get stability and predictability out of Windows10. They keep buggering about with it and breaking stuff. You always have to play guess what they broken now when you get an update. One of my laptops decided that after an update last week that I can no longer click on Start (or the windows key) and type the name of the program I want. Fortunately, only one seems to have done this. So I'd really love to know where I can get a bit of the stability and predictability thing you talk about.

Maybe enterprise customers get it. RHEL & Debian offer it, SUSE seems to be happy to change SW version in minor point releases with abandon, but at least they rarely seem to break it. Happy to accept that RHEL should be compared with what ever it is that MS offer the enterprise customer, but for home users there are CentOS/Alma/Rocky for those wanting the stability and predictability and of course Debian don't differentiate between different types of users.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon