Reply to post: Re: '"how far can I push this before it gets silly". A true engineer'

Do not try this at home: Man spends $5,000 on a 48TB Raspberry Pi storage server

juice

Re: '"how far can I push this before it gets silly". A true engineer'

> He literally spends several minutes talking about "while you can do this, there's really no reason other than curiosity to do so" adding "the processor is a huge bottleneck and is unable to deliver at full speeds. He goes on to test it in several configurations that highlight this fact.

So, what we're saying is that the guy knew that this wouldn't work, and spent $5000 to show that yep, as per the documented hardware specs and all the existing empirical evidence from nearly a decade of people tinkering with Pi hardware, this wouldn't work.

And he then spent several minutes in his video talking about this, to pad out the runtime.

Between that, and the deliberately OTT cover photo for the video, I don't think he's trying to see "how far I can push this before it gets silly". Instead, I think he's producing deliberate clickbait videos to drive traffic to him and maximise the amount of money he gets from sponsorship and referral links.

And, y'know, good luck to him with that. But my time, money and general interest will go into watching videos which show something more interesting!

(Such as "How to drink tea in a tank". Which is sponsored by World of Tanks, oddly enough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyGVR95P8t0)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon