Reply to post: Re: @Dan 55

Amazon tells folks it will stop accepting UK Visa credit cards via weird empty email

codejunky Silver badge

Re: @Dan 55

@AC

"Hmmm. Crowing about UK vaccine procurement as a Brexit benefit whilst ignoring the UK's ventilator debacle. Just fiddling while Rome burns."

I have a 2 part response to this. First Dan 55 said "can't manage to say a single quantifiable good thing about what Brexit has achieved" and I have proved his completely wrong. This is a hammer I keep hitting with because too many remainers are in denial even if they still believe we would over all be better off in the EU. The simple fact is leave has brought immediate benefits at a time of great shame for the EU.

Second you are more than welcome to bash the UK response to the pandemic, yet the exact same situation exists if we remained in the EU... AND we would have the vaccine procurement problem of the EU. How does that help? Also didnt the UK get a great supply of ventilators very quickly?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/britain-mounted-a-heroic-effort-to-build-ventilators-but-it-never-needed-them/2020/08/14/0cb510f4-c1ea-11ea-8908-68a2b9eae9e0_story.html

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon