Reply to post: Re: Working on that..

Pulling down a partition or knocking through a door does not necessarily make for a properly connected workspace

aerogems Silver badge

Re: Working on that..

As part of some halloween thing, the local public radio station here aired some segment which had a horror writer buying a supposedly haunted house and then the things they had to go through. It included getting a contractor to inspect the place and included bits like, "they said one of the things you never want to hear a contractor say, 'Interesting.' " This involved some previous owner doing something like putting in doors for a closet, except there is no closet, or they had walled off the closet and never bothered taking off the doors. Then they continued on with the segment saying how the contractor said another phrase you never want to hear, "Never seen that before!" This time apparently someone decided to add onto the house at some point and never bothered to get rid of the old roof, so about half the attic was taken up by an old section of roof.

Also reminds me of the time when I was a wee one and my parents decided to take away my access to the cable TV feed as punishment. I traced the cable back to the main splitter and then set up my own secondary feed one day when my parents were gone, drilling a small hole in the floor of my room to snake my extra cable up through. I assume some time after I moved out my father found that extra cable, but it served me well for those few years until broadband was an option and I figured out how to find entertainment online.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon