Reply to post:

Belgium watchdog reckons online advertisers should be data controllers under GDPR

Dwarf

I wonder what would happen if there was a simple customer survey performed that asked customers if

1. They like adverts getting in their way all the time when they are trying to do something else.

2. They want to see adverts about things they (or someone else on the same device) looked at once and then decided not to bother with.

3. How relevant those adverts are for a new washing machine or set of pots and pans - given that you ordered one already and its already fitted in your house.

4. How much it annoys people

Now if only they do that without trying to make all the questions double negatives and partially linked to how much the person supports seal clubbing (well they need a night life too!!)

Personally, I gave up watching TV years ago, but last night, I tried to watch one video on YouTube on the TV, but I couldn't watch it due to the constant adverts being rammed at you, so I simply stopped watching the video and went to the PC instead. I'm now looking at a PiHole as a forthcoming addition to the network.

Absolutely agree that marketeers need to be accountable for their dubious practices, but think that rounding them all up and sticking them on the B-ark would be the best route.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon