Reply to post: Re: Ha, ha, the bias is showing

A Windows 11 tsunami? No, more of a ripple as Microsoft's latest OS hits 5% PC market

BOB JOHNSON

Re: Ha, ha, the bias is showing

Well when you have a market where a product is sold and said product has a contract with vendor and you must add their product, yep you will capture market share.

Or more aptly put the little lemmings that go to buy a PC only know that they want their Windows, or Word or anything else that is Microsoft. It is all they know, so the PC maker isn't stupid, they want to sell a PC and will install a Win OS. I am amazed at people who are astounded that I have computers that aren't running Windows but yet I can somehow send e-mail, write letters, create spreadsheets.

I come from the generation of DOS, when we had to do things to make our computers respond. There are now generations that only know an icon. Push, press and it that isn't happening they are lost puppies.

Heck, there are still XP users. How can they survive? Just kidding!

"According to StatCounter, desktop PCs in Armenia still primarily roll with Windows XP (via WinFuture). As of September 2021, 53.5% of desktops were using the operating system that landed in 2001."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon