Reply to post: No incentive to upgrade

A Windows 11 tsunami? No, more of a ripple as Microsoft's latest OS hits 5% PC market

demonwarcat

No incentive to upgrade

While I originally expected to see processor support extend back to sixth gen Intel and 1st gen Ryzen it now seems that the cut off is MBEC support. This leaves me with the grand total of 1 supported PC. The supported PC is the only one running Home rather than Pro. If Win 11 Home included bitlocker, which would have seemed sensible given the focus on security, this might have been enough to justify the incomplete feature set of Win 11. As it is the sixth gen Intel and first gen Ryzen machines I have will continue with Win 10 as long as the hardware remains usable. I expect Win 10 support to be extended. I have two machines with significantly older processors. One a gaming machine with intel 4th gen would have been rebuilt this year but that build is on hold until graphics card availability sorts out - the other even older is lightly used and still doing its job ok. Probably should be rebuilt but to be honest the money is better used elsewhere. Even when the gaming PC gets rebuilt at the moment it is more likely to get Win 10 than Win 11. This reflects the poor state of Win 11 and the benefits of os commonality.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon