Reply to post: Re: Hmm

The future: Windows streaming through notched Apple screens

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Hmm

Ah, Windows. I wonder why the scammers (4 calls just today about the performance of my Windows Computer) make so much money if the windows users are so clued up on security?

I've yet to have a call about how my macOS system is slowing down and sending all sorts of alerts to Apple.

many people who use computers of all sorts don't know about regular maintenance, backups and everything else. At least with macOS, it comes with a pretty decent system backup solution included. With windows isn't it still an afterthought?

A friend of mine is hardly what you call computer literate. /well, at age 71 she is from a generation where the only computers were mainframes. She had a Windows system for about 10 years and I had to rebuild it three times. Finally, the thing gave up the ghost so I moved her to a Mac Mini in 2013. She took to it straight away and won't go back to Windows. Her system went out of support last year so I changed it for an M1 based Mini last Feb. Everything moved over without an issue. Her old Mini now runs Linux and is used for the development of a WordPress plugin. Her backups are done using Time Machine and she runs CleanMyMac once a week.

Ok, This isn't a scientific survey but it is a real experience.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon