Reply to post: Re: @Disgusted Of Tunbridge Wells

Intel's €80bn European chip plant investment plan not bound for UK because Brexit

Justthefacts Silver badge

Re: @Disgusted Of Tunbridge Wells

“Every business in the U.K.”.

Ahem. *I’m* a business owner in the U.K. My monthly revenue has increased strongly since 2016, and even more since the final Brexit date.

This year I got two major new customers, both located in APAC and defectors from my major competitor in Germany. They are brutally direct with me:

My products are no better than my competitor, and I am more expensive. But the contractual and political issues dealing with companies in the EU means that if there are any alternatives, any at all, they are being forced to look elsewhere. Being outside the EU is worth my 15% price difference to competitor from their POV. Although they constantly demand that 15% reduction to match competitor, for two months of price negotiations, I held the line and they signed the contract. I simply wouldn’t have those design wins without Brexit, end of.

Coincidence or not, on the day after the Commission sued AstraZeneca, my second major customer finally signed their contract, and also I got a contact from a third major potential customer on that same day, which I am still working to close. It was a very good day for me. Make of that what you will.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon