Reply to post: Re: Want to run it?

Microsoft's problem child, Windows 11, is here. Will you run it? Can you run it? Do you even WANT to run it?

BobChip
Linux

Re: Want to run it?

My Mint 20.2 system (homebuild) supports an HP laser printer, Canon Pixma inkjet, and an Epson V600 scanner, all running seamlessly together, with a wireless internet connection as well. Linux drivers for all these devices are provided by the manufacturer, and are perfectly good for day to day use with existing Linux software such as Simple Scan or Xsane. Yes, Vuescan is excellent and I have added it too - but I also used it with Windows back in the dark ages because MS on it's own did not cut the mustard, as well as the very useful Turboprint, which I have also carried forward into Linux. Don't let ANYONE tell you that Linux systems are unusable or difficult to work with - if I can do this without any formal training or "technical support", at nearly 80, anyone can. I use all this for extensive real WORK in my local community, not just as a hobby project.

In fact, IMHO, it has proved much easier to do all this in a Linux environment than it ever was under MS. With the added advantages of FOSS, far superior stability and the delightfully quick and simple (compared to MS) Linux update system - no borks or BSDs.

Happy (elderly) bunny.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon