Reply to post: Re: Split decision

Anonymous: We've leaked disk images stolen from far-right-friendly web host Epik

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Split decision

I will take the rare step of saying thank you for that additional info. I forgot about FCC regulations on broadcasting.

However, my argument still stands: on top of any gov't regs, any private business has the right to additionally censor any information coming out of it.

Newspaper and magazine "letters to the editor" are allowed to be edited or chucked straight in the bin; you agree to that when you send one. YouTube, et al have less articles, way more user-submitted content, and about the same ratio of ads, but I have a feeling you agree that they all do have the right to not re-publish content they don't want to.

My nearest big city has two newspapers that lean politically opposite, but even the right-wing pulp gets its facts right on actual news stories. If YouTube et al become opposed to religion and religious-driven lifestyles/opinions, what's the alternative? (Certainly not Parler and Friends -- there's a difference between religious-guided living and cuckoo-crazy conspiracies, and I wish more folks in my church weren't off the deep end.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon