Reply to post: Too much effort...

Microsoft releases new Windows 11 builds, confirms running on an Apple M1 'is not a supported scenario'

Plest Silver badge
Facepalm

Too much effort...

Just when you think everything is finally settling down and getting along we get Apple only running ARM now, MS only runs Windows if you have mobo made in the last 2 years!

When Apple announced M1 kit I was on the brink of buying a Mac. I liked the iMac I had about 10 years ago, it was a nice tidy piece of kit, you couldn't expand it obviously but it did the job. Then I wanted more horsepower and self-built tower was my only viable option.

I'm sure Win11 is a lovely, shiny, secure but I really can't be arsed to spend a week finding the right compatible components to run it. It took me 2 weeks to source the components for my current tower box, I haven't got the time to waste keeping MS happy. I'll just keep using Win10 until MS issue my set up with a "kill switch" and force me to shut down and finally switch to Linux once and for all.

Buy a cheap crapp laptop off eBay, install Linux and force myself to be happy with that! So sick of how fragmented the home computing market has got, it's like we're heading back to the early 1980s where no one wants to get along and they all have their own standards now!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon