Reply to post: Re: Flattering, but still nonsensical

Magna Carta mayhem: Protesters lay siege to Edinburgh Castle, citing obscure Latin text that has never applied in Scotland

Adelio

Re: Flattering, but still nonsensical

You forgot the number of suicides committed with Guns, I presume almost all legal.

America has a huge problem with firearms. Over 30,000 deaths a year, for a comparison the UK has about SIXTY, that right (60) gun deaths a year. The number of firearms in America is truly frightening, even the sanest person can turn and then BAM, more gun deaths. The fact that criminals are the source or a large number of gun deaths/crimes is NOT a reason to have almost ZERO gun controls. The NRA is a curse on America!.

Assault rifles. I understand your point but any weapon that allows continuous firing can ONLY have single purpose (aside from in films) and that is to KILL people, lots of people quickly. It is not going to be much use when defending yourself as the potential collateral damage to "inocent's" is too large.

So stop nit picking that these are NOT "true" Assault rifles".

Fireams are dangerous, very dangerous and I doubt there are many Americans that can truly handle them well in "hostile" situations. After all how many people do police shoot accidentally every year? And they are supposed to have proper training.

The main training with firearms should be to learn when NOT to fire.

Man is a brutal creature and anyone that comes near you with a firearm is NOT to be trusted.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon