Reply to post: Re: Watchdog 'disappointed'

Watchdog 'disappointed' it took NHS England over a year to release details of access to Palantir COVID-19 data store

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Watchdog 'disappointed'

And yet just in time with benefits demonstrated within months of leaving instead of the predicted years.

What benefits? I'm not aware of the sunny uplands you lot said would happen. I am aware of lots of SMEs complaining that they can't now trade with the EU, or where they can their costs have gone through the roof because businesses are adding large margins to cover the unknown risks, making them so uncompetitive they are likely to go under, or pull in their wings and only trade domestically.

I am aware that Northern Ireland is trading more with Ireland because of issues with the NI/GB* sea border, but that they are doing well -- to the chagrin of the DUP there. (Who'd have thunk it?)

I am aware that as more transition deadlines approach (1st October is the next) the position for GB* is going to get worse, as more red tape (wasn't Brexit to get rid of that?) will be introduced by the simple fact that we want svrnty.

I am aware that the European Commission (you understand what that is, don't you?) has moved on and doesn't care about us any more. And that every EU member state agreed to let the EC do all the negotiating, thus preventing us from implementing our usual disastrous foreign policy practice of divide and rule.

I am aware that the EU hasn't imploded, and after seeing the dogs breakfast that Boris has made of it, that their public support for their union has increased, around the order of 10% I believe. So unlike the predictions of the Daily Mail or the Express (I struggle to call them newspapers) the solidity of the EU has actually increased, and will not fall apart. (Well done Brexit.)

That's what I am aware of. But I'm not aware of any sunny uplands. I must have missed those.

* You do know the difference between GB and UK, don't you?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon