Reply to post:

Cloud load balancer snafu leads to 3D printer user printing on a stranger's kit

cornetman Silver badge

I should add that I do actually have a Creality Ender 3 V2 printer at home. Got it direct from Creality at their recent Father's Day sale for a sweet price of $212 Canadian with free shipping (a *lot* less than they are on Amazon for).

New to the field, I was having a lot of trouble getting some prints to stick properly and they would mess up when starting some small details on the bed. Installing Jyer's firmware to it and setting up a bed mesh was a revelation and I would *strongly* recommend everyone that has one of these machines to do the same. The glass bed is not completely flat and has a pronounced dip in the middle which meant that detail printed in the middle of the bed wouldn't stick properly. The bed mesh means that the firmware can follow a non-flat bed profile by applying height adjustments interpolated between the levelling points.

Once I got that sorted, it really is start-the-print and leave it by and large. I would recommend everyone that likes to tinker to get one. They really are a lot of fun.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021