Reply to post: A useful analysis of Apple's announcements

Apple didn't engage with the infosec world on CSAM scanning – so get used to a slow drip feed of revelations

doublelayer Silver badge

A useful analysis of Apple's announcements

Since this issue has deservedly earned a lot of attention from these forums, I think a few blog posts I've read will be of interest to others here. A security expert who runs an image analysis system and therefore already deals with CSAM reporting analyzed the statements made by Apple. A blog post from ten days ago reviews the technical details Apple released and how this compares to his own reporting mechanisms (spoiler, probably badly but they won't provide enough detail). A second post from this Monday reviews their announcements ever since (further spoiler, lots of contradictions but little new information). I found these informative, especially with the additional experience the author brings to the analysis.

For those who prefer cleartext URLs, the posts are published on the blog at https://hackerfactor.com/blog and are the two most recent posts at the time of writing. You probably want to read them in chronological order.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon