Reply to post: While your here...

Blue Origin sues NASA for awarding SpaceX $3bn contract to land next American boots on the Moon

Flocke Kroes Silver badge

While your here...

If I thought there was any danger of Blue providing similar services to SpaceX at a remotely competitive price I would be begging US tax payers to look deep into their wallets for some investment money because it paid off so well last time.

Please check it out: add up every cent SpaceX got from the US government then for each US government payload SpaceX launched subtract what the cheapest competitor would have charged. US tax payers have been saved hundreds of millions by their investment in SpaceX.

If you want another joke, try NASA payments for the Artemis Human Landing Systems. Blue got more money to research their proposal than SpaceX did - including the first $300M SpaceX recently got for their progress while the GAO was investigating Blue's complaints.

I could mention that the air fare you are misquoting actually involved "comparable to business class" or that as you are a genius physicist who can see how easy it is to implement hyperloop - but haven't because you are too busy. Instead I will just respond to the time scales thing with: "Where are my engine, Jeff?"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon