Reply to post: Re: Mostly dicttorial twaddle...

Naughty karaoke is China's next tech crackdown target

fiddley

Re: Mostly dicttorial twaddle...

Cobblers to that. Best places I've ever worked have been where we all sneak off for an occasional cheeky one at lunch, and a less occasional cheeky lots on Fridays. The comraderie at those places meant we all stuck up for one and other and helped each other out. More than that I've picked up some firm friends from those places and I'm going back nearly 20 years in some cases, and we still help each other when we can.

The places I've worked where everyone is too stuck up their own rear end to get a bit tiddly with their workmates have atmospheres during the workday that doesn't get anything done. Everyone is too busy projecting an image of professionalism while shirking any real work. Yet the ironic thing is they all act like they're the busiest people in the world and seem to pride themselves on arriving early every day only to spend an hour preparing their fruit tea, special k with fresh berries covered with almond milk and gossiping about whatever drivel they watched on the moron box the night before.

I know which teams came out with the best results.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon