Reply to post: It's all relative

Firefox 91 introduces cookie clearing, clutter-free printing, Microsoft single sign-on... so where are all the users?

Al fazed

It's all relative

Firefox has been my browser of choice for decades (if it's been around that long) Unfortnuately I still have to use other browsers when Firefox says no.

I am so used to Firefox saying no to a page it has been saying yes to for ages, and I know that I must dig into the ever changing UI in order to make Firefox work once more with my favourite sites, as it did last time I used it.

SHEESH, it's only 'cos I geek, and yes it still infuriates me when I canna find the configuration in the ever changing Settings UI that will allow me to continue with my choice of reverie, research, entertainment, et al.

As someone already pointed out, normal folks don't even know what make of car they drive, only it's colour and if it's petrol, deisel, or electric. Normal folks do not want to start playing under the hood when they just got dressed up to go out to dinner.

So Firefox is cool for developers, but for the rest of the Internet Users, it's is far too often a bridge too far, one that will never be completed. So why bother ?

Sad days I know, but normal people's eyes still glaze over as soon as I mention anything to do with fixing the problem they are experiencing .........................

ALF

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon