Reply to post: Re: Loss of income? Inconvenience?

Activist raided by police after downloading London property firm's 'confidential' meeting minutes from Google Search

Falmari Silver badge

Re: Loss of income? Inconvenience?

@sketharaman "Probable Cause" is very easy to argue after the event if evidence is found. Hell it does not even have to be probable cause for the crime you end up being charged with, just probable cause for a crime. In the UK police can arrest you and think about Probable Cause after.

When I was 26 I was stopped by police at 2 AM. I had just got back from a Banshees gig parked up the car and walking the 200 yards to my house when a patrol car pulled up. The two officers stopped and questioned me and then asked to search me. When I refused they said they would arrest me and search at the station. So I agreed to the search which was not far short of a strip search, left only wearing my underpants.

Now if they had found anything on me like drugs, I am sure they would have be able to come up with a probable cause.

@Cliffwilliams44 all arrests in the UK are stored on the PNC regardless of there being a charge.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon