Reply to post: Re: WTF?

84-year-old fined €250,000 for keeping Nazi war machines – including tank – in basement

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: WTF?

Probability of getting shot at in Sonoma County?

Far lower than quite a few cities in Europe. Unless you are a gang member in the Bay Area your probability of getting shot is exceptionally low.

The big news story down 101 in Marin County was a gang related shooting in San Rafael. None locals. First time anything like that happened in the last 35 plus years.Yet go across the Richmond Bridge and the local gang members shoot each other almost on a daily basis.

So just like London really. I can think of some parts of London where gang members shoot and stab each other on a regular basis. Yet other parts, perfectly safe.

I also love the way people thrown around the term "assault weapon". Always the first indication that they have not a clue what they are talking about. Fully automatic and selective fire rifles are illegal for private ownership. Even the local police issued M4's are semi-automatics. Apart from the SWAT team issued weapons. Just because AR's might look kinda like military issue M16's/M4's does not make them "assault weapons".

What turned me into a supporter of the Second Amendment was several decades of what turned out to be little more than lies from the "gun control" lobby. With the last few years of politics being just the icing on the cake. Nothing like a few decades of actually living in the US to turn a Brit into a supporter of gun rights. Mainly because of the type of people who want to take them away. Got nothing to do with crime, everything to do with power.

What you will discover if you live in the US long enough is the truth of the old proverb - An armed people is a polite people.

Just ask the Swiss. Where there actually is a genuine "assault weapon" in almost every home.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon