Reply to post: Re: A Word for the EcoTank

For a true display of wealth, dab printer ink behind your ears instead of Chanel No. 5

Periquet dels Palots

Re: A Word for the EcoTank

I bought an Ecotank too. It came with a full 250ml of black ink, and about as much color ink. It cost quite a bit more than a replaceable cartridge model, but hey, how much Chanel could I swap for all that ink?

After 2 years and almost 3000 pages printed, more than half the black ink remants, and maybe 80% of color ink. And that's without any cartridge changes. Because Epson is not superinterested in selling me cheap ink bottles that last forever, it only uses what it needs.

That is such a relief coming from a detestable Canon Prima that was equipped with 5 color ink cartridges plus black,. That ittle POS always mixed in every color even when printing BW documents. Every 30 pages, or so it seemed, printing stopped because the printer wanted to be fed with some color or another.

If you don't want to be ripped off with print cartridges, avoid them altogether, and pay the vendor for what the printer costs. You cannot expect to pay 50€ for a color printer and scanner with wifi and internet and who knows, and truly believe you've covered the costs.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon