Reply to post: Re: Hmm....

The UK is running on empty when it comes to electric vehicle charging points

Dabooka

Re: Hmm....

Drive less and cycle more. Absolutely, and in many cases I (we do) Can't for work though. I distance manage more than ever but sometimes I am required to travel, as are many of my team. A lot of travel is work related of course, and not all of that can be removed.

The solution isn't just use more energy is it, it's about how and when it's generated and used. As for the solution I do not understand why you expect me to have the answers of that, I have already conceded many, many times that something has to change and it should but a lot of solutions still need finding and addressing. You don't want to even try and start the conversation though, you're just killing everything off. Why is that? This is about trying to o something over the next 10, 20, 50, 100 years.

Repair, reuse and recycle; couldn't agree more, not sure anyone on here has said otherwise. Regarding cars though they're simply too cheap here, anything over 100k miles is virtually worthless (in the grand scheme of things) and is a disaster waiting to happen for the owner. This is why I drive older cars a few hundred quid and a few hours and most problems are resolved. I still have confusion why EV are any less repairable, you'll need to explain that one.

And finally, the reliability. I think you're passing on EV for many reasons but reliability is not one of them. My point was clearly aimed at the issues facing car production, not those around EVs. We need data on EV failure (drivetrain in particular) rather than a JD Power one measuring loose trim, faulty sat navs and corroded alloys in the same way as EV specific problems.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon