Reply to post: Re: Hmm....

The UK is running on empty when it comes to electric vehicle charging points

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Hmm....

what's your proposed solution?

Drive less. Walk/cycle more.

What's clear is something has to change and for now this is the best we've got.

You haven't explained exactly how this "change" will be powered, in a very real sense. I've already detailed just how much extra energy will be required to manufacture all this "renewable" tech. If the best we've got is "use more energy", then we're doomed.

Yet somehow you seem determined to maintain that's a challenge bought about by the potential move to EV.

I guess I didn't make it clear - as you say, we are already going in the wrong direction with a wasteful society producing lots of junk we just throw away, and as far as I can see, the move to EVs is accelerating this process. If our gracious, environmentally-concerned overlords were really writing laws to protect the planet, then why did they miss out probably the most key element - repair/reuse/recycling?? As a consequence, we are being herded into vehicles that are less repairable and more throw-away than ever.

I'll readily concede we'll be getting more and richer data over the next few years

So the reliability of EVs is, at best, an open question. Again thanks, but I'll pass.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon