Reply to post: Re: Missing type

What is your greatest weakness? The definitive list of the many kinds of interviewer you will meet in Hell

Eclectic Man Silver badge
Facepalm

Re: Missing type

AC: "one firm had an on-site Costa and managers routinely turned up to team briefings with a tray of each person's preferred beverage "

I worked for a small company in serviced offices. There was small area where coffees and teas could be made, and we would sort of take it in turns to make a round of drinks, each one carefully tailored to the recipient's precise instructions. Except of course when 'Dave'*, one of the Directors decided to do his once a month round (jut to show he was a man-of-the-people). Presented with a tray of seven mugs of variously coloured milky beverages, he told me to take 'the brown one'. I picked up the sole brown mug, only to be told "no the brown one". He meant the particularly brown liquid one, not the beige or dark brown or very dark brown or light brown drinks.

Still, it is the thought that counts.

*Actually his real name. Name and shame. And why not? It is not as if I'd tell you his full name or address or note that the company web site was last updated in 2014.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon