Reply to post: Re: I've had some horrible interviews

What is your greatest weakness? The definitive list of the many kinds of interviewer you will meet in Hell

theloop

Re: I've had some horrible interviews

I had one at an MSP with a total helmet lead tech who would have been my boss.

He acted like he was the be-all and end-all of IT knowledge and his opinion was the only right one.

He would ask me a question and after I gave my answer, he would ask "what's another way of doing it?" when it was totally irrelevant. eg using powershell or a a snap-in

Asked me about what I'd been working on recently and then proceeded to tell me it wasn't possible to do what I had described (active/active san controllers) and insisted it must not be working correctly.

The role was about 50/50 on the road and included a company car or allowance, so I asked about the travel and said "I like driving so that won't be a problem", he then looked at me funny, dismissed by question and said "No one likes driving".

Finished the interview and the recruiter phoned to say I didn't get it. I told him that's fine as I would never work for that guy and what I honestly thought of him. The recruiter laughed and said "yeah you're not the first candidate to say that"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon