Reply to post: Re: @45RPM

Dell won't ship energy-hungry PCs to California and five other US states due to power regulations

codejunky Silver badge

Re: @45RPM

@45RPM

"The green stuff really does work though. Wind works"

Not really. Wind wont work until there is some sort of energy storage that works. So far not going well. Its also expensive, polluting and highly destructive. The only time it seems to 'work' is when there is a storm.

"Solar works"

Actually I will half agree with you on that. In the right places yes but Spain fell heavily in debt for implementing a solar plant (too expensive to run) and god knows how many people in the UK have been scammed having these things attached (sometimes in the wrong direction) thinking they will pay for themselves only to find no hope.

"hydro and geothermal work"

That is true. But hydro gets the greens in a frenzy for the damage it will cause to the environment. That leaves geo.

"We need to grow up."

That I agree. In this MMCC co2 madness we had a huge insulation drive in the UK. I just read an amusing piece that the UK could suffer more heat related deaths over the decades due to climate change. So why the hell did we insulate our homes if we are gonna boil?

If we were to grow up we would realise that we need electricity. Forget smart meters with kill switches, monuments to the wind god, mirrors to the sun god and however many doctored charts, stupid claims and daft adverts of drowning dogs and actually accept the requirement is to generate cheap reliable energy. If they want to swallow the MMCC co2 theory they can tax co2 a little (which would cost less than this costs us now) and let power stations be built.

"We need to be more power efficient, and we need to wean ourselves entirely off of fossil fuel."

Efficiency develops over time. Why we would want to wean entirely off fossil fuel I dont know. But how many times have the numpty's from around the world flown to their meetings to claim we have x days to save the world? Made me laugh back when Brown was claiming that and it started under Blair.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon