Reply to post: Re: Responsibility

Windows 11 comes bearing THAAS, Trojan Horse as a service

Martin an gof Silver badge

Re: Responsibility

I've found musicians, producers, and especially the techs/engineers to be some of the most resistant to change people anywhere

If it works for you, why change it?

Just look at the typical bag of wired microphones sported by stage engineers. Guaranteed that the bulk of it will be SM 58 or one of its close relatives. The SM58 has been around since the mid 1960s with only a few minor tweaks.

Digital mixers - in theory an absolute boon - took a while to get established, not just because of cost but also because of latency in early models. These aren't such issues for studios, but in live situations, latency can be a real problem.

On the other hand, digital recording - once it became practical - took off very quickly.

I need a small mixer for home. I was looking at a small, cheap analogue desk with USB connection, of which there are dozens of really quite acceptable models. Then Behringer went and launched the Flow small digital mixer, very competitively priced, reasonable mix of features and that really mucked up my list of candidates. As far as I'm aware, no-one else offers anything similar at a similar price. The "remote control" functionality may not be much use at home, but it could be very useful at church...

M.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon