Reply to post: NSO is a weapons manufacturer

AWS gave Parler a chance, won't say if it talked to NSO before axing spyware biz's backend systems

Claptrap314 Silver badge

NSO is a weapons manufacturer

They need to be treated the same way as a foreign Raytheon or any other such company. From what anecdotal evidence I have, I'm betting that AWS doesn't have processes in place for handling such things. Oh well.

Of course, technology is moving a lot faster than the law, and it's pretty clear that they are turning a rather blind eye to just what their customers are doing with the arms they are receiving. Given who they are and what they are doing, I would be disappointed if this "Shocked, shocked!" moment by Amazon had a noticeable effect on their operations for fifteen minutes. It's entirely possible that it had none at all.

Honestly, it's a bit disappointing that Amazon was even able to identify which accounts they are using. Oh well. Lessons learned, and all that. I expect that there will be a Swiss LLC (or equivalent) created before the end of this week that just happens to handle traffic that has rather... similar characteristics to what was previously attributed to the NSO.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon