Reply to post: Re: Who Knew?

Apple delays recalling staff to offices until October as Delta variant romps across US

Shalghar

Re: Who Knew?

When you wear a mask that actually protects against biological agents, you will indeed smell no biological scents anymore. That at least is what i experienced in military service whenever putting on some REAL gas/aerosole protection. I have not seen anyone wearing military grade biochem protection nor civil biochem protective suits or masks anywhere, however.

The bacteriological masks in the ICU are not to protect the medical staff but to prevent the multitude of aerosoles that human beings naturally exhale from entering wounds or other damaged parts of the body. Same for the mandatory masquerade that cannot "kill the virus" (as there are no active components like active coal or silver inside) but mitigate the spreading of the usual aerosoles - as long as the mask is halfway dry and not already saturated with moisture and anything cought from the air or the lungs and happily breeding in the warmed and moistured cloth.

With the multitude of differences between countries, mask or not is not and has never been the sole factor of difference in numbers. Germanys RKI refuses to count according to WHO standard and ignores pretty much anything not fitting the lockdown fetish propaganda, too bad the RKI has a veterinary at its media outlet, sadly not a Vetinari or someone likewise competent.

Sweden has been fakenewsed to be a big country with not so much population density, ignoring the fact that Solna, Malmö and Stockholm are at least as packed as Hamburg, Bremen and Berlin.

I would suggest to analyse both polarized viewpoints as both sides propagate logical flaws, fakenews (like german portals crowning Lauterbach as full blown epidemiologist for his one semester in that field) or unproven assumptions. Take your pick of whats halfway realistic and please do the work of coming up with thoughts that have not been force fed and pre chewed by interested parties of any kind.

If in doubt: technics, physics and other laws of nature rarely lie.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon