Reply to post: Re: Shakespeare

I no longer have a burning hatred for Jewish people, says Googler now suddenly no longer at Google

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Shakespeare

> " ... no accounting for how he intended to make up for his prior behaviour"

What? Did he actually commit a human rights crime? Can we not accept that ethnic prejudice is a common condition that people are raised up to believe? When someone has escaped from that through their own sense of logic and practical experience(*), what value is there in them seeking punishment? Move forwards, not backwards, or you will never get anywhere. Of course, requesting praise is always a bore, but it's not a crime.

* Surely the Jewish people who played a role in Amr's positive life experiences deserve credit too, but he seems to have given explicit anecdotal credit there. Although you criticise him for that.

" But when you're a multi-multi-millionaire who is a VP of one of the richest companies in the world ..."

But he is still a human being. I certainly believe that just because someone is in an exalted position (top 0.01%) does not mean they are a "better" person than the other 99.01% (~ even though they typically believe so). By the standard that the top 0.01% should actually be the top 0.01% moral, caring, respectful, communicative and socially aware people, we would never have any leaders at all.

Your claim that he is a boorish egotist may be be valid (certainly sounds plausible) but I think you have failed to show any intent to harm. If you didn't like or respect him (I won't judge you on that) this is NOT the clear cut case where he showed clear intent to harm those working beneath him (I will judge you on that). Claiming so looks bad.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon