Reply to post: Bah!

Try placing a pot plant directly above your CRT monitor – it really ties the desk together

Stevie

Bah!

I had a couple of dozen ceramic magnets, each about 2x1x1/2 inches. I clipped together two stacks of 12, shoved them up my shirt sleeves, walked over to my mate Frank's desk and announced "I am the mighty Magnetotron! Behold my powers, puny mortal!" waving my hands at his brand new CRT from about two feet away, with the result that the display twisted and pinched nicely.

"Riiight" he drawled. "I can do that!" and demonstrated by grabbing his phone handset and touching the earpiece against the top of the screen.

From that day forward, his nice, days-old CRT displayed a glorious four inch pale green disc burned into it, centered on the contact point he had chosen.

Late that night the Mighty Magnetotron struck again, this time from behind the cube wall of another colleague trying to work late. Choosing a silent attack this time I managed to elicit many innovative swear words from the colleague who to this day has no idea of How The Trick Was Done. More importantly, he also has no Idea Who Did It.

Sadly, the mighty Magnetotron was forced into retirement by a fiendish deployment of flat screen monitors.

Some say he will rise again, when the stars are right.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon