Reply to post: Cloud Native, Not BOFH

What is GitOps? This is the technical introduction you've been looking for

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Cloud Native, Not BOFH

It's obvious from the comments that The Register attracts the BOFH type 'administrator' rather than the modern, cloud native developer or engineer. An epic trove of cognitive and confirmation biases ahoy, "I've done this for years therefore I'm right and this is wrong!"

The market always wins and GitOps is winning the market.

We saw the same debate of DevOps. I feel sorry for anyone who's still trying to correct people on 'what DevOps is', while in the interim they could have actually been applying DevOps methods or processes or culture or whatever bow you want to tie it in. The same is now with GitOps.

Kelsey Hightower, AWS, Azure, and a large % of high performing and scalable companies have embraced GitOps. Personally speaking, it has been the silver bullet and fastest way to scale teams in a repeatable, dev experience focused way whilst ensuring automation, resilience, HA, mean time to recover and repair, has been made so easy by just doing things in an expected way. It's easy and it's powerful.

I would highly recommend that the keyboard warriors in the comments spend half a day to bring up an entire stack in both a local dev, local remote (cluster) and production state in full parity across multiple environments their way and then via GitOps ;)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon