Reply to post:

How many Brits have deleted life-saving track and trace app from their phones? No idea, junior minister tells MPs

Shalghar

If that "useful" app is as reliable as germanys "corona warn app", that cost around 70 million euros and still gets up to three millions each month for "support", i do not think that it is helping in any way.

Our local placebo app was released with the promise that it would protect privacy, now gets all kinds of trackers and tracers implanted while still unable to reliably warn at all.

This is in part to the fact that its literally impossible to guarantee that you can enter a QR code from any laboratory - instead of giving every lab a generator, they waited (and still wait) for user reports on what companys QR code did not work.

No QR code or the workaround "Tele-TAN" and you cannot tell the "warn" app that you are infected.

The app sometimes loses all its collected data, sometimes crashes without warning, destroying the data or needing a re-install which (you guessed it) destroys the data.

Next issue lies within googles ENF, that also took some vacations not reported as they happened but later on - if at all. Another can of bugs is the ever changing rules that define a "warning possibility" - how many minutes of what signal strength generate a "risk" warning has been changed at least four times as far as i know.

User reports in the critical reviews clearly state that "infected" AKA persons with valid QR codes entered into their smartphones did not kick a warning message in partners smartphones, although both had bluetooth and "warn app" enabled and were lying next to each other in the charging place.

Oh and you cannot get rid of your infected status without uninstalling. There is no possibility of entering a "hey i am clean, heres the QR from my test" at any place.

Just think of what chaos such a piece of quality could do when also issuing mandatory "self isolation". Much more so as it is unable to defuse the "infected" status.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon