Reply to post: Priorities

Microsoft solicits Clippy comeback – later reveals it had already decided to bring back the peppy paperclip

Dwarf

Priorities

Well, if they are focusing on cruft that does nothing to help anyone then we all know why Win10 is such a bag of spanners.

Surely though they replaced clippy with Cortana, before removing both as nobody was interested.

How about they start other similar requests for things that might actually matter, Oh, I don't know, off the top of my head.

Removing the ribbon and going back to proper menus

Removing the start menu and going back to proper user structured menus -- ie how my brain is wired, not long alphanumeric lists of all the crap on my computer.

Having a border between windows so you can see where they start and stop, rather than having to play guess the pixel to stretch a window

Dumping the pointless store

Dumping SecureBoot, forced updates and telemetry - its my PC to run what I want on and you can keep your nose out.

Dumping all the force fed advertising / pointless crapware - I don't want edge trying to become my browser from the start menu, or some stupid game that I never asked for. If you have to make something hard to remove, then you already know that people don't want it.

Making the search box go to my preferred browser search page as configured in the OS, not hard wired to some forced Microsoft one.

Hint - if you make it good, then we will use it. If you try and force it down our throats then I can guaranteed that we can be more stubborn than you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon