Reply to post: Re: Customer Service

Facial-recognition technology gets a smack in the chops from civil rights campaigners

Electronics'R'Us
Megaphone

Re: Customer Service

When I go to a supermarket I am a 'man on a mission'.

I am not there to browse; it's not an antiques shop or some other place where I may well be interested in just looking around. I want to get in, get what is on my list and look at some things that may be of interest, and get out.

When things get moved around, I don't bother looking for the item(s) - I just go somewhere else where I can buy the item(s) at much the same price without the hassle of searching a very large store for the new 'hiding place'.

If they have moved it to the ready made meals aisle then they are definitely not going to get the sale. We haven't had a 'ready made' meal in over 20 years.

So don't move stuff around if they want me to buy the things I usually get.

Now, we have 'loyalty' cards which can be abused but as I spread my shopping across at least 4 supermarkets (and none of them use Nectar which is used by a lot of retailers) so none of them get the overall picture.

One supermarket actually sends me money off vouchers for things that I actually usually buy which is not the case for most of them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon