Reply to post: Re: This is unnecessary

This always-on culture we're in is awful. How do we stop it? Oh, sorry, hold on – just had another notification

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: This is unnecessary

Oh I made it known that I'd witnessed it, and made it clear that I'd support my colleague if he wanted to take it further. But scared of the L word - you're 'avvid a laff there. The person concerned is one of those who's so cock sure of himself that he'd not be in the least bit bothered as he "knows" he's right.

Unfortunately, when we (the two of us and a third with health problems) were magically found to be redundant, I was just too far down a black hole (mostly work induced depression) to take them to a tribunal - it was 6 months before I could get out of bed without feeling anxious.

I think I might have had a small chance of demonstrating that in fact that we were only redundant because of a series of seemingly (on their own) "lost the contract" events that were in fact events that should have triggered TUPE considerations. But just having the two little ****s have to explain themselves to a tribunal that doesn't take s**t from cocky know it alls would have been worth it even if I hadn't won anything.

But in hindsight, getting made redundant from there was the push I needed. Other mental health issues had stopped me making the move myself even though I should have left several years earlier. So mostly I'm happy to be out of it and working somewhere where I'm valued - complete with my neurodiversity.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon