Reply to post: Re: You're nuts

Microsoft wasn't joking about the Dev Channel not enforcing hardware checks: Windows 11 pops up on Pi, mobile phone

karlkarl Silver badge

Re: You're nuts

"Say what you want, but it's undeniably the case that Windows has been requiring less hardware, not more, as newer versions have rolled out. I'm currently running 10 very happily on hardware on which XP was a bit of a dog."

I am sure you are being sarcastic. Since May, Windows 10 no longer supports 32-bit for a start. And if you had a 64-bit machine with Windows XP, it would likely have been running like a very impressive dog. Not because 64-bit is "fast". But it implies quite modern hardware for that era.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-hardware/design/minimum/minimum-hardware-requirements-overview#section-30---minimum-hardware-requirements-for-windows10-for-desktop-editions

How are you getting around the WDDM / XDDM graphics card issues? You really only have the VESA fallback driver if using a machine from XP era and I am fairly certain your experience with it is likely piss poor.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon