Reply to post: Virtual Community

Cross-discipline boffin dream team issues social media warning: FIX IT NOW!

Dr Scrum Master

Virtual Community

Long before the rise of the term "social media" I bemoaned the fact that the Internet's ability to draw people together in virtual communities was both a blessing and a curse: on the one hand you can have people share ideas with anyone (who speaks English) in world, on the other hand you have paedophiles who would otherwise be physically isolated in small communities being able to find fellow kiddy-fiddlers in a virtual world and indulge in their particular perversions.

Whilst the UK MSM were quaintly amused by Merkin peculiarities, we now have UK MSM and English-speaking social media infected with left-pondian social problems, along with the inability of people in either mainstream or social media to distinguish between the historical and social differences in Merkin and non-Merkin societies...

Then there are governments who see the solution to every problem as legislation resulting in whole libraries of laws for police forces when the police don't even bother to enforce basic long-standing laws, or just go and misinterpret other laws...

I don't have a solution. And I don't see people who propose "solutions" actually analysing the problems and seeing if their proposed solutions would actually be beneficial or harmful in the whole.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon