Reply to post: Well, that's going nowhere then

Happy with your existing Windows 10 setup? Good, because Windows 11 could turn its nose up at your CPU

myxiplx2

Well, that's going nowhere then

I'm a total geek both at work and home, and upgraded last year to an i7-6700k, on a desktop running a GTX-1660 and five monitors. It's more than fast enough for everything I do, including gaming, work, and coding.

But that's a G6 8-core 4Ghz processor, and apparently won't cope with Windows 11.

Really Microsoft? Because trust me, I have the most up to date computer of anybody in my family. If windows 11 isn't supported on this, it isn't supported on either of my parents computers, nor my sister's, my daughter's, or my wife's. There's not a single person in my immediate family I can think of who would be running a "supported" CPU. And there's not a single one of them who needs an upgrade in the first place. Heck, both my parents upgraded to computers capable of running Windows 10 in 2020, so they could use zoom, and they tend to upgrade roughly once every 5-10 years.

Is this just an attempt to appease PC manufacturers and generate more hardware sales? Because it looks to me like W11 is a total miss for the home market.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon