Reply to post: Re: No cure for a hangover

Hungover Brits declare full English breakfast the solution to all their ills

ShadowSystems

Re: No cure for a hangover

I don't get hangovers either, but then that's because I was always the Designated Driver. Even on my 21st birthday when I should have been the one to be getting free drinks during the pub crawl, I wound up being the DD for the group. The first bartender we visited asked why I wasn't drinking. I told him I was the DD. He got a sour look & asked "But isn't it YOUR birthday those bastards are getting drunk to celebrate?" I nodded yes. He gave them all the StinkEye & started charging them double "for being right assholes". I didn't stop him, I felt he had the right of it, besides it wasn't my place to complain what he might charge for alcoholic drinks. (As a DD you usually got free non-alc drinks while there.) As my friends decided they wanted to visit the next pub, the bartender handed me a stack of cash. I asked what it was for, he replied "This is what I charged them for booze. Get yourself something nice on me. Happy fekkin' birthday, Lad." I smiled, accepted the money, & felt MUCH better.

I learned many good & horrible potential cures for hangovers though from dealing with said friends the next morning. My favorite was to mix up a large pitcher of chocolate laxative powder, cod liver oil, the juice from multiple cans of tuna in water/oil, a couple of raw eggs, & an entire tub of cottage cheese. Pour it all into a blender, cover, blend until it turns to sludge. Pour into plastic drink cups. Drag the hung over outside to the lawn, hand each one a tumbler of the goop. Lock the door behind you when the first sounds of barfing reach your ears. You get a decent amount of sleep while the assholes barf & shite themselves all over the lawn. Locking the door prevents them from coming back in, and latching the windows keeps that potential avenue from them as well. Bonus points for using sparkly sprinkles in the goop to make the barf that much more feastive.

Why yes, I AM grumpy about "friends" like them, why do you ask? =-Jp

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon