Reply to post: Why Victor Meldrew types, why?

Tim Cook: Sideloading is a disaster and proposed App Store reforms would harm user privacy and security

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Why Victor Meldrew types, why?

I’m guessing the average age of El Reg readers is increasing quite dramatically as there’s an awful lot of ‘grumpy old men’. Windows = meh, hate hate hate, Linux blah blah. Apple = hate hate hate, my Android does XYZ.

Consumer based technology is never going to meet the needs of everyone which is made so obvious by these comments.

Apple make/supply some incredibly user friendly and impressive (although costly) tech. The whole form over function thing is what a lot of people want. I don’t do stats but I’m guessing a lot of Apple fanboys prefer the whole ‘it does what I want when I want’ approach and will sacrifice that extra couple of quid for the privilege.

I have a personal and work phone - one Apple, one Android and I like both equally. The Android suits my business needs and the Apple makes consumption of media enjoyable.

I like Linux, had a MacBook for years (that I loved) and now use Windows for my daily driver. Again, all have positives and negatives and so I use what suits my needs rather than bleat about one is better than the other.

Embrace difference, embrace change = both are the only guarantees we have when it comes to tech.

This comments section is going the same way as a major news organisation and their HYS section.

Cheers up grandad :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon