Reply to post: Re: Years ago ...

Western Australia rushes out legislation after cops access contact-tracing data to investigate serious crimes

Eclectic Man Silver badge

Re: Years ago ...

Flocke Kroes:

Initial post above: "The Americans used infant vaccinations in Pakistan as a cover for DNA tests to find Osama bin Laden through his children. "

Which implies it was a genuine vaccination programme rather than, as you now accept: "the CIA's illegal fake vaccination program"

Thanks for admitting that, although you could apologise for the confusion caused.

Please could you explain why you equate (that is claim a "direct equivalence") a fake and illegal vaccination programme with a genuine health emergency(FK: "there is a direct equivalence between the CIA's illegal fake vaccination program and the illegal use of COVID tracking data for anything other than tracking COVID.")

FK: "Unless you are arguing in really bad faith"

No actually I'm not, I am genuinely interested in "mature discussion" of this. As I pointed out, "I realise that I may be biassed in this", has anyone ever seriously threatened to stab you when you were alone walking up a street late at night? Have any of your friends been killed by stabbing in broad daylight? (See my first post.)

FK: "WA police using COVID tracking data will cause some people to falsify COVID tracking data. This will cause them to not be informed of potential infection, not get tested and not self isolate. This could easily increase infection to the point where it causes more extra deaths than the hunted murderers.

Diseases kill far more people than criminals."

Which is why I suggested in my opening sentence "The WA government should just be honest and think through the uses of contact tracing data that would be appropriate and accepted by the public."

Let me repeat that in capitals in case you missed it:

"THINK THROUGH THE USES OF CONTACT TRACING DATA THAT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE AND ACCEPTED BY THE PUBLIC."

So please, could you explain your aversion to thinking about what uses of Covid-19 tracing data would be appropriate and accepted by the public as I am confused by what I take to be your considerable hostility to even thinking about it?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon