Reply to post: Illicit contols

We don't know why it's there, we don't know what it does – all we know is that the button makes everything OK again

Phrontis

Illicit contols

Years ago my boss was really into saving energy and would only allow an air compressor to be run at a maximum of 90PSI. This would have been fine but at the end of the line it was only 83PSI. And of course the equipment wouldn't run correctly at less than 86PSI and if it wasn't running right he would want an explanation why, without any guff about air pressure being too low. We used the contoller to put an offset to the display on the compressor panel, so that the compressor was running at 94PSI, but only showing 90. Great idea. But then the boss came back asking why the pressure gauge on one of the air recivers was showing well over 90. At the weekend when I knew he wouldn't be in, I went round all of the pressure gauges that indicated different to the compressor and took the indication needles of each of them and put them back on so that everything indicated 90. On the Monday he came into the office to say that he'd never seen all the gauges reading the same before. Dohhhh!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon