Reply to post: Re: low population density

Working from a countryside plot nestled in a not-spot? Consultation opens on new rural mobile planning laws for bigger masts, wider coverage

Tachisme

Re: low population density

>“EE (added with its nice govt subsidy for airwave replacement, rather screwing over chance of other networks to compete…”

You’re insane - or, at least, ignorant:

- EE are losing money on the Emergency Services Network tender: there is no “subsidy”.

- There was a competition, and other networks had the opportunity to bid for it.

- mandating full coverage across the entire geographical UK would exponentially increase everyone’s mobile bills.

Your comment is an example of what is wrong with the Internet: any moron with an opinion, despite how ignorant, can assert something and if it arouses people’s emotions, it will be propagated and upvoted.

Full disclosure: I used to work for EE. One of the reasons I left is because of my contempt for the puddle-deep level of understanding, and sense of entitlement, of the average customer, and the implications that has for the demands made on telecoms companies by government/Ofcom.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon