Reply to post: Re: They don't make it easy.

UK's Labour Party calls for delay to NHS Digital's GP data slurp until patients can be properly informed

Roland6 Silver badge

Re: They don't make it easy.

Downvoted as your diatribe doesn't make sense.

>Well what exactly is the point of the NHS if, when things go wrong, they can hide behind the excuse of "it weren't me guv, it was the subcontractor!" ???

Because for example in the case of Test and Trace, it wasn't the NHS that did the subcontracting, it was the government who simply decided to use its ownership of the NHS to tack 'NHS' on to "Test and Trace" - to fool people into thinking it is up to NHS standards.

Likewise with "NHS Digital", not part of "The NHS" but tacked on to "The NHS" by the government.

So the only person who is actually accountable is - the Health Minister, and as we know: a slap on the wrists and/or a demotion to the backbenches isn't real accountability...

>"In the example given of the GP surgery, somebody within the NHS gave the green light to funnel public money in their direction and either failed to inform them of the correct procedures, or failed to make sure they were competent in the first place."

Don't see how this is directly related to your previous point or even to the example given. However in the example given GP surgery's currently work under an existing data ownership and sharing arrangement, this data slurp is a Government initiated change to enable personal medical data currently residing within "The NHS" to be moved to NHS Digital, an organisation effectively outside of "The NHS" so that the data can be used for purposes other than those covered by the pre-existing GP surgery - Central NHS data sharing arrangements. Obviously, as part of the new arrangements the GP surgery's will effectively cease to directly share patient data with the NHS; as this function will be taken over by NHS Digital.

So I don't see how the competence of GP surgery's has any bearing on the matter under discussion.

>"Refund my damn taxes and let me decide which healthcare professional gets my hard earned cash!"

You are free to not use the NHS and pay to go private... However, the list of treatments available from the private sector is significantly shorter than those the NHS will deal with - I don't remember seeing any private hospital setting up private CoViD wards...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon