Reply to post: Re: "they exclaimed, 'How did you do that?!'"

Today I shall explain how dual monitors work using the medium of interpretive dance

Martin an gof Silver badge

Re: "they exclaimed, 'How did you do that?!'"

It does sometimes work the other way. I was once talking to a very overworked and stressed secretary about how it was impossible to keep the Very Important Spreadsheet in view while at the same time updating the Very Important Document that relied on data from the VIS, while at the same time replying to Very Important Emails containing updated instructions for said VID. Quick glance around the back of her corporate-supplied Dell revealed a VGA port not in use, and I happened to have an ancient (1024x768 IIRC) monitor knocking about.

Having this additional workspace was an utter revelation to her and she took to it like the proverbial duck to water, so much so that when the corporate machine was upgraded a couple of years later and the new one didn't have VGA, she was able to persuade IT that two monitors was absolutely vital for her role, and blagged new monitor. We also fitted a dual monitor arm for her.

Ooh, it warms the cockles :-)

M.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon